Thursday, February 25, 2016

1958 - August




EXPO 58 The Worlds Fair (Aug, sometime)

I wish now that I had more than fanciful memories of the 1939 New York World’s fair so that I might better compare the Brussels fair. I will think of the Brussels Expo independently as a fair which is litteraly (sic) what the Brussels Expo was. I feel that it was successful. It seems that most critics entirely forget this aspect. A fair is a fair. 1st and foremost that is the problem & the solution but it seems everyone artistic critic has been either disappointed to find this so or unaware that this is what he was dealing with in judging the expo. As a fair it was a fine fair with all the elements of a fair in a goody sturdy style – large but not very large – no real disappointment there. After all overwhelming size is no criteria or virtue. This will be news to some people. As a symbol of the fair the Atomium is corny. As described

No comments:

Post a Comment